1) Why did you start blogging?
I started working for a construction magazine (the magazine branch of the company I still work for) and loved to write but hated that I was only getting to write about boring things. I wanted to write about things I loved and my main love is books so I started blogging about them. Seems so long ago now but also so recent too!
2) How did you come up with your blog name?
I have written about this many times. I wanted something very personal to me but related to blogging. I love dinosaurs and playing around with dinosaur names and types. Readasaurus Rex was an option but when I looked around I noticed that the T-rex had been changed into so much and the poor Velociraptor was left out so I decided to use Readaraptor. I love it because it gives the impressed of devouring books, even if it is in a slightly savage way!
3) What’s the best piece of blogging advice you’ve received?
Oh I don’t know… probably to just do your own thing and not feel the pressure of the mounting TBR pile. For book bloggers reading to review can be quite stressful sometimes so you need to actually just take a step back and say “I want to read something for pleasure and then if I want to review it fine, if not my blog won’t suffer if it goes without a post for a day!”
4) What is your favourite book?
Honestly, not a clue. I love the Naughts and Crosses series by Malorie Blackman, the Grisha series from Leigh Bardugo, the Fairytale Retellings series by Jackson Pearce, everything that Zoe Marriott has ever done, Marcus Sedgwicks She Is Not Invisible, and the Harry Potter series.
There are actually 132 five star books on my read shelf on Goodreads and I don’t know which my favourite was. I even have four star books that I think would be listed as favourites above some of those five star ones because its not always about quality when it comes to a favourite book… So I have no clue.
5) What is your favourite film?
I have three:
Ten Things I Hate About You, come on, its based on Shakespeare’s Taming of the Shrew!
Thirteen – a little known indie starring Evan Rachel Wood about two 13 year old girls who live their life completely differently to how I lived mine at 13!
Hard Candy – A kinda sick twisted dark drama starring Ellen Page in one of her most haunting roles. I adore Ellen Page, she is like one of my all time favourite actors and this film, and Juno of course, is why I love her so much.
6) What’s your favourite type of post to write?
I’m torn. I love discussion posts but a lot of the time I really struggle to find good things to talk about. I think I enjoy sharing my top books of the year the most because I get to glance over everything that I’ve read and remember how awesome some of them were!
7) If you could blog about something completely different what would it be? (yes, I borrowed this question)
I have actually just started a new blog which is very sparse at the moment but its going to be about my pregnancy and parenting, however often I get to blog on it! I have been thinking about doings a lifestyle type blog for a while and having a baby has definitely given me a good platform to start with.
8) What do you do to relax when you’re not blogging?
When I’m not reading or going to gigs I’ll be either playing video games or watching TV with the boyfriend. At the minute we’re mostly waiting for Smash Bros to come out for Wii U and watching The Walking Dead and The Leftovers!
9) What question would you love to be asked?
Oh, I have no idea… possibly “If you could be one book character from any book you’ve read who would you choose?”
10) How would you answer this question?
I would probably say Jack from Zoe Marriotts The Name of The Blade series because I think she’s awesome, even if she has a bit of a crappy time in the second book. I love her all the same.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this post. I will tag just three people and please, do not feel any pressure to join in, if you want to do this post then please do, if not I understand completely. I am nominating Michelle from Much Loved Books, Jenni from Juniper’s Jungle and Carly from Writing from the Tub!
And here are the rules
- Link back to me in the blog post
- Tell us 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the questions above
- Nominate other bloggers with less than 200 Followers on bloglovin (You are meant to nominate 10 but I didn’t feel right nominating that many so I nominated slightly less)
- Create your own 10 questions
- Let those you’ve nominated know
- Let me know you’ve taken part so I can see your answers
The questions I would like my nominees to answer are:
1) What do you love the most about blogging?
2) Is there anything you dislike about blogging?
3) Why did you start blogging?
4) What is your favourite book?
5) Do you have a favourite reading snack?
6) If you could be a character from any book who would you choose?
7) What TV show could you not live without?
8) What did you last see at the cinema? (Did you enjoy it?!)
9) What do you enjoy doing other than reading?
10) If you could have one thing more than anything else, be in possession, skill or anything like that, what would it be?