I’ve been tagged by the lovely Sally Atkins to answer 50 questions I’ve never been asked. I think these tag things can be lots of fun so thought I’d join in. Hope you enjoy finding out more about me!
01. What’s your favourite candle scent?
I actually don’t have one. I do like the Yankee Candle Candy Cane Lane scent at Christmas though.
02. What female celebrity do you wish was your sister?
JK Rowling. For purely selfish reasons like finding out about the entire Harry Potter world first hand. I think together we’d be able to make up some fantastic bedtime stories for Spike too! (Hers would obviously be better than mine.)
03. What male celebrity do you wish was your brother?
I reckon Chris Pratt would make a good brother. He’s always funny in interviews when I see him doing them and he’d make a great uncle for Spike. As long as he took her to the sets so she could meet Gamora and Rocket and Groot… Of course!
04. How old do you think you’ll be when you get married?
I won’t. The whole marriage thing doesn’t appeal to me at all.
05. Do you know a hoarder?
Not a serious one. But if you asked T he’d probably say I was one!
06. Can you do the splits?
HAHA! I could… but I would never get back up!
07. How old were you when you first learned how to ride a bike?
I’m not sure. I remember having a blue bike with rainbows on that had stabilisers on, then didn’t. I think I was about 4 or 5 when I had that!
08. How many oceans have you swum in?
The north sea… is that an ocean?
09. How many countries have you been to?
Very few! I’m not as well travelled as I want to be! I’ve been to France, Belgium, Spain, Bulgaria, Scotland and Wales!
10. Is anyone in your family in the army?
11. What would you name your daughter if you had one?
I knew Spike’s name for years. If we had another baby and it was a girl I’d want to call her Astrid but I know T doesn’t like that name!
12. What would you name your son if you had one?
Me and T have a name in mind that I’m not going to share, just in case we do have another and its a boy. We both love Ezra too but I wouldn’t call a baby that at the minute because I know too many!
13. What’s the worst grade you’ve got on a test?
I took AS level Psychology at college. In our mid-year exams I managed to get a U so I decided it wasn’t for me and dropped it.
14. What was your favourite TV show when you were a kid?
I loved Dinosaurs, obviously! But Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Sister Sister, 8 Simple Rules and Round the Twist were ones from late childhood/early teenage years that I remember the most. I think when I was really little I loved Super Ted and Danger Mouse.
15. What did you dress up as for Halloween when you were 8?
Not got a clue! Probably a witch thought. That was the standard go-to outfit for my mum!
16. Have you read any of the Harry Potter, Hunger Games or Twilight series?
Of course I’ve read Harry Potter. Its my favourite series. I love them and have read them multiple times! I hated Twilight and only managed to read the first book and a half. The Hunger Games I was finished with book one before I had Spike and now I want to re-read it before I read books two and three but don’t know when I’ll find the time! The three series shouldn’t be put into the same category in my opinion!
17. Would you rather have an American accent or a British accent?
I’m happy with my accent thanks! Its a bit of a generic northern England accent but it serves me well!
18. Did your mother go to university?
She didn’t. Im not sure anyone in my family did until my cousin and sister went.
19. Are your grandparents still married?
My grandparents on my dads side still drive each other insane. But I love that you can tell they are still in love! My grandparents on my mums side were still married when my grandma died in 2014. I know how lucky I am to have had both grandparents still together and still alive until I was 26!
20. Have you ever taken karate lessons?
I took Taekwondo lessons for about 3 weeks when I was around 8 or 9. But no karate.
21. Do you know who Kermit the frog is?
Who doesn’t?! I have a Kermit the Frog Backpack!
22. What was the first amusement park you went to?
Probably either Lightwater Valley or Flamingo Land… not sure which!
23. What language beside your native language would you like to be fluent in?
I learnt basic Japanese in College and I loved it. All I can say now is “Hello, my name is Raimy” and count to 10. I wish I was fluent in it as its a fascinating language.
24. Do you spell the colour grey or gray?
25. Is your father bald?
Balding. But don’t tell him I said that!
26. Do you know any triplets?
I don’t! I know a fair few twins but no triplets.
27. Do you prefer Titanic or The Notebook?
The Notebook. Titanic annoys me.
28. Have you ever had Indian food?
Yes! But I hadn’t until I went to uni. I didn’t know what I was missing for the first 18 years of my life!
29. What’s the name of your favourite restaurant?
I love a place in Manchester called Home Sweet Home but don’t get there often.
30. Have you ever been to Nandos?
Of course. T loves it there, its probably his favourite restaurant!
31. Do you belong to any warehouse stores (Costco, Bookers, etc.)?
I don’t. I keep meaning to sign up though.
32. What would your parents have named you if you were the opposite gender?
I’m not sure. I might have to ask!
33. If you have a nickname, what is it?
Technically Raimy is a nickname… The only other nickname I have is “Squidge” from my dad.
34. Who’s your favourite person in the world?
T and Spike are joint!
35. Would you rather live in the countryside or the city?
Countryside. But T would say city so we compromise by living in a small town on the edge of a city!
36. Can you whistle?
I can! Not the fingers in the mouth kinda whistling though.
37. Do you sleep with a nightlight?
We sleep with the landing light on for Spike.
38. Do you eat breakfast every morning?
Without fail. I’m a foodie.
39. Do you take any pills or medication daily?
Only the pill…
40. What medical conditions do you have?
41. How many times have you been to the hospital?
Before I had Spike it was probably about 3 times… but I lost count since then!
42. Have you ever seen Finding Nemo?
I have, and Finding Dory!
43. Where do you buy your jeans?
I don’t wear jeans. I’m a leggings and a dress/skirt kinda girl.
44. What’s the last compliment you got?
I got a message from my manager the other day saying I go above and beyond in my job. I consider that as a compliment!
45. Do you usually remember your dreams in the morning?
Rarely, I wish I did… dreams fascinate me.
46. What flavour tea do you enjoy?
I don’t like tea, of any flavour. I’m a coffee, usually a latte kinda girl.
47. How many pairs of shoes do you currently own?
Too many! I only wear about two though.
48. What religion will you raise your children to practice?
Spike won’t be raised with religion. But she will be taught to understand and respect others’.
49. How old were you when you found out that Santa wasn’t real?
50. Why do you have a blog?
For fun. To share my life with others. To do what I enjoy!